Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What I did on Christmas vacation

Well, for starters, I worked.  I did not get to take the week off just because Will had it off.  I did however get Christmas day off as my clients had gone home for the holiday.  Yeah!  So, other than work what did I do?  I spent that time with Will and/or reading.  That's right, no computer time for me.  No TV (ok, well maybe an hour or 2 of TV for the week, but for me that's saying a lot!)

I spent Christmas eve at my parents home with Will, my parents, and my brother and his wife Meg.  We had a great time.  Will got a trampoline and many other gifts.  We had a great meal and lots of family time until it was time for Will and I to go home.

Will at dinner wearing his crown from the Christmas popper

Joshua and Meg wearing their crowns

Mom and Dad wearing their crowns and dad holding up some lobster meat from the stew.  Not sure why that had to make it in the shot......
So, we got home, I let Will play with some of his new toys before bed.  He didn't realize that the present from Josh and Meg was a trampoline till I put it together.  He's spent more time on that than I can tell.  Thanks uncle Lazer and aunt Meg.... (don't ask about the name, Joshua won't recognize Will calling for him unless he's called uncle Lazer.)

Lots of bouncing.....
Had to make him stop to get a picture that wasn't blurry...
So, off to bed to wait for Santa........problem was he couldn't fall asleep.  I have never seen him this excited about Santa before.  He kept calling down asking if he'd been yet.  I had to keep going upstairs and laying with him till he fell asleep, but he kept waking up.  Thank goodness his presents were already wrapped.  All I had to do was put them under the tree and do the stocking.  I ended up with him "sleeping" in my bed. (tossing and turning and constantly waking up to ask if he could go down and check if Santa had been yet.)  Needless to say, no sleep for mommy.

Christmas morning saw us up and down stairs (more or less awake) at 5am.  What a morning that was.  He even asked if Santa brought me any presents, he seemed a little sad that I didn't get anything under the tree- but soon lost himself to the excitement and wonder of too many toys and games. :-)






The smiles are such a wonderful thing to see.
STAY AWAY FROM THE TOYS!
The rest of the time we spent playing and just being with each other.  We played all of his games.  Scrabble, Battleship, Mencala, Cranium, I spy, and our favorite by a mile........Sequence.  Now, we already had Scrabble, but this was different, it had 6 boards, so we could play it 6 ways.  It was a lot of fun.
Of course, there was also a lot of wii.  As he got 3 new games for that, as well as some for his Nintendo DS.  Way too much time on electronics, but it was vacation so he had a little (LOT) of leeway.  We also did some crafts and other activities:

made a hedgehog, raccoon, and a bone out of some model magic type stuff.

He was looking for gems and minerals in this clay brick.  There are 13 in there.  We will get back to digging as soon as I get him some more comfortable goggles.  I tried these and he's right.  They hurt!
And lots of drawing and paper crafts.  He is very imaginative and thanks to his Grampy, he has all the paper he could want to make his computers, games etc.....
 Vacation was such a nice time with Will and I already miss it.  I spent a lot of the time not talking to anyone else and jealously hoarding all my time with Will.  I guess it's time to start coming out of my hibernation and joining the world again.  Although, I don't think I'll spend as much time with computers and TV as I used to.  I definitely enjoyed not being a slave to them this past week.

Hope your vacation was great as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment