Monday, April 1, 2013

Sick

Last night I came home from working all day to find a mess. There was a vomit covered bathmat on my darkened outside steps (not knowing what it was I picked up the slime covered mat before promptly dropping it again) so, after cleaning that and all the other messes around the house, AND calling my mom to watch Will today (school policy is if he throws up he within 24 hours of school he can't go. ). I finally get upstairs to see my beautiful boy and get his happy thoughts AND most importantly snuggle with him. Sometimes mommy needs it more than he does! This was definitely one of those nights.

He was sound asleep, having fallen asleep while waiting up for me. I have him a kiss on the forehead, turned off the light and went back downstairs with tears in my eyes. Seeing him was what got me through the day. It was just one of those days.

This morning, anyone who knows me knows I'm NOT a morning person!! I came downstairs and instead of the arguments I was expecting- getting dressed, getting off the wii, looking upstairs for his Nintendo DS case- he was so sweet and polite, even thanking me for helping him find his case.

I realized that he's been polite since Wednesday. Being the trooper that he is he went to school last week even though he told me he was having some diarrhea issues in the evening. Even staff remarked at how wonderful he was doing receiving high marks in everything on their tracking sheets. I definitely realized he wasn't feeling well when Will, Tim (staff) and I went for a walk Saturday afternoon and he had diarrhea on the side of the walking/bike trail. Again, he handled it like a trooper and cleaned himself up when we got home.

I hope he is feeling better really soon. I hate to see him sick, although I do LOVE this polite, agreeable and mild mannered child that I have for a little while at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment